Singular MARS, an engineering company based in Horley, Surrey, is looking for a part-time workshop assistant. The company designs and builds industrial machinery, mainly in the manufacturing and recycling sector, and is looking for an enthusiastic, hands on person.
Singular MARS is helping to create a better future through engineering, developing bespoke solutions in the manufacturing industry and collaborating with partners to make the world a better place. With a special passion for the Electric Vehicles, Aerospace, Renewables and Recycling Industries, we support environmental initiatives, community projects, exciting start-ups, interesting people and disruptive ideas that aim to improve our planet with our own, humble profits and crowdfunded donations.
Do you have a background in engineering, ‘making’, or DIY? Do you enjoy being hands on? Would you like to work in a young, dynamic company that is ready to grow and do something good for the environment? If so, get in touch!
We are looking for someone who:
- Lives within a commutable distance of Horley / Gatwick. The closer the better.
- Is available for up to 20 hours a week, potentially less and in a flexible basis. Temp to perm, contractor and zero-hours considered.
- Has experience or a background in mechanical fitting, assembly, machining or similar.
- Is comfortable using hand tools and power tools. The machines that will be used include:
- (Manual, hobby) Milling machine
- (Manual, hobby) Lathe
- (Hobby) 3D Printing
- (Hobby) CNC Router
- Drill press
- Experience with these machines are desirable but not essential, training will be provided.
- Is comfortable working with metals, plastics and wood.
- Is a creative problem solver, can come up with their own ideas and challenges and see through them.
- Is technically minded or has some technical background. We do engineering. Basic understanding of how things work is required, or willingness to learn fast!
- Is a honest and hard working individual.
- Is able to work under minimal supervision.
- Is able to read engineering drawings and diagrams and follow instructions.
- Agrees with our values and wants to make the world a better place.
With great power comes great responsibilities and duties, such as:
- Fabrication of mechanical parts, using mill, lathe and other power and hand tools. Experience with machining is a big plus.
- Assembly of components and machinery, following assembly drawings provided.
- Electrical wiring skills is a plus.
- Setting and operating machine tools, such as CNC router and 3d Printer
- Receiving deliveries, keeping control of stock and consumables, packing and dispatching.
Salary and bonus is dependent on experience and hours are flexible. This job would best suit students, recent graduates, hobby machinists, new parents or semi-retired people. The conditions, duties and benefits can be adapted around the ideal candidate; our main priority is that the candidate has the right attitude, a self starter that believes in our mission.
If this sounds interesting please get in touch with email@example.com.